Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 30 March 2017

My 10th Rez Day! Unicorns, Friends And Confident Newbies














I reached my 10th Rez Day yesterday! I can't believe how quickly it has gone since I logged into Second Life on that first day and found a virtual world where I could talk to people all over the planet! Saying that, it did take me a while to talk to anyone, I'd never played computer games or even joined in on-line forums back then, so I was just a little bit nervous to say the least.  New people to SL seem so confident now, I guess in the last 10 years people have really made social media a part of their lives, especially on platforms like Facebook, which had been launched in 2004. Second Life had been launched just a year earlier on 23 June 2003.  I must say it's been a lot of fun and it gets better all the time with the graphics and such creative people making SL such a beautiful and enchanted place (or a dark and sinister place if they wish!). I would love a unicorn in the real world, but alas that will never be, but in Second Life anything is possible........I big thank you to all my friends and acquaintances who have made the last 10 years in my Second Life so special.

Janey Bracken

No comments: