Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Fly Me To The Moon At Zorro's














I had a power cut in real life tonight (or a power outage as they say in the USA), the lights went out for a few hours as the engineers worked hard to fix a couple of electricity cables brought down by the gusty winds.  However, there was a fabulous full moon tonight, with wispy dark clouds passing over it. So I took the opportunity to look through my celestial binoculars  at the beautifully lit satellite. Is it natural or is it a hollow space station  as some people think? Well I don't know about that, all I know is that it's not made of cheese, but it sure is pretty.  When I finally did manage to get on line and log into SL I saw that there was a party at Zorro's Tavern and it was a Moon and Stars theme; How apt I thought!  So I went over to Zorro's and DJ Minxy was playing some great celestial tunes, everything from the Cranberries - Stars, Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip - (I Lost My Heart to A) Starship Trooper, The Police - Walking on the Moon,  to Frank Sinatra's Fly me to the Moon and many more.  We had a newbie arrive half way through the evening, well he wasn't really a newbie, he belied his rez date by the way that he was dressed so well and the fact that he used anti-gravity to dance high above the dance floor!  Obviously an alien, maybe he was the Man in the Moon! Brain had an amazing Moon head on his avatar, with big ears made of cheese, maybe the moon is made of cheese after all, but he was lucky not to end up in a cheese and tomato sandwich wearing that amongst the hungry clubbers! 

Great night at Zorro's thanks to Tavern owner Rob, dj Minxy and Hostess Fibi.

Janey Bracken























No comments: