Search

Custom Search

Monday, 19 September 2016

Scary Clowns At the HangOut - Not Really Scary, Just The Clubbers Having A Great Time!


Minxy and Brain













It was brave of HangOut Club owner and dj Janis Short to hold a Circus themed party tonight as she admits she is scared of Clowns!  This is quite a well known phobia, officially called 'Coulrophobia', it seems Clowns can be very frightening and maybe rightly so.  According to Business Insider it  "Turns out, clowns have long been associated with a dark and disturbing history — murder, financial ruin, infidelity, and paedophilia have all stained the clowning profession." Nasty!
Everything was fine at the HangOut tonight though, Janis knew all the faces behind the Clown make-up and we had lots of other colourful costumes to complement the wonderfully decorated Circus designed club (Janis's artistic work!).  We had to be careful not to tread on the sleepy looking Circus Lion in the middle of the dance floor, which actually turned out to be Rob Fenwitch, so the Clowns were right to behave in case Rob chased after them!

According to Hanneford Family Circus "The origin of the modern circus has been attributed to Philip Astley, a cavalry officer from England who set up the first modern amphitheatre for the display of horse riding tricks in Lambeth, London on 4 April 1768."  And Clowns go back even further "The most ancient "clowns" have been found in the Fifth dynasty of Egypt, around 2400 BC. Unlike court jesters, clowns have traditionally served a socio-religious and psychological role, and traditionally the roles of priest and clown have been held by the same persons."

The Circus Party at the HangOut was fantastic tonight and everyone had such a brilliant time.  Typical of me, I had trouble with my costume, I got a lovely feathered skirt and some big hair to wear with my outfit only to find that my 'complexity' count was over 700,000, which I guess means too many prims in my costume, something new that SL has included, well I hadn't noticed it before. But people can't see anything other than an unrezzed shape instead of an avatar if the count is too high, so I had to abandon my skirt and my big hair, shame!  Still it didn't spoil my fun, everyone looked absolutely fabulous and the music was great too!  

Janey Bracken

PS Catch DJ Simon Seurat at the HangOut on Wednesday 1pm to 2pm SLT, when the them will be New Romantics 80s tunes!
































My lovely skirt that I had to abandon because of high complexity

3 comments:

Janis Short said...

thank you so much Janey - beautiful photos as always - I'm so glad you had a great time - I think tonight we all did !

Janey Bracken said...

It was a lovely party Janis, your club looked amazing, as did the guests with their smashing outfits. It took me a while to spot Rob, I could see him on my radar, but I was looking for his Fox avatar, then I cammed around and saw Rob the flaked out Lion taking it easy in the middle of the dance floor! So funny! Thanks for an amazing time Janis, a brilliant night xxx

Hibiscus said...

Unfortunately my computer is so scared of clowns that I was unable to log in to SL and join the party! So sorry I missed it, everyone looked fantastic as did the HangOut. Hopefully next time. xx