Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 4 October 2012

HAPPY 5TH REZ DAY HIBISCUS!

Oh my goodness!! It was Hibiscus Hastings' Rez Day yesterday, five years in SL and I had wanted to plan a lovely party for her!  I could make the cake and do the posters for the party, but I needed help for a venue and a dj!  Then along came great friends Ed Follet, Isobel Byron and Cutewillow Carlberg to the rescue!  Isobel has a terrific pub called the Hat and Feather, just the thing for a party!  Ed and Isobel suggested an Edwardian theme, I knew this too would be one of Hibiscus's favourite types of events and the wonderful Cute offered to dj for us!  So everything was in place, I busily sent the invitations out a few days before and to my horror Hibiscus didn't appear at her regular time in SL on the eve of her party.  She sent me a message   much later that night saying her internet connection had gone down, it's never happened to her before as far as I know!  So I started to worry about her getting on line for her party the next day!  I need not have worried, everything went brilliantly, even down to the fact that Hib didn't have a clue about the event and she arrived astonished as everything including the guests  rezzed in front of her.  Isobel had done us proud with the pub, it looked fantastic and Cute even played some of  Hib's favourite Micheal Buble songs!!  I'd like to thank everyone for coming and a special thanks to Isobel, Ed and Cute, they made it a party to remember!
HAPPY REZ DAY HIB!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY!!

Janey Bracken





















5 comments:

Hibiscus said...

What a wonderful evening! Thank you to everyone who came to the party, I am truly touched to have such fantastic friends. And I had no idea at all that anything was going on. Cute, thank you for dj'ing, the music was perfect (and don't listen to Janey, she really loves Bublé), Isobel thank you for having the party at the Hat and Feather, it is a lovely pub, Ed and Isobel, the Edwardian theme was a great choice and Janey, thank you for organizing the event, contacting everyone and most especially for baking the delicious cake, yum yum. I feel blessed to have so many friends, thank you all. xxx

cute said...

i think you and janie love bubble giggles i hope you had alovely rezzy day hibs loved playen for you :) xoxoxxo cute

Janey Bracken said...

So pleased you enjoyed your party Hib, I had a great time too and thanks again to Ed, Isobel and Cute! Not sure about Buble though! xxx

Ed Follet said...

Thanks Janey, me and Isobel had a lot of fun organising our part of Hib's surprise and what a wonderful evening it turned out to be!! The ladies looked serenely beautiful and the gentlemen were also handsomely turned out. The decor and surroundings were pleasant to the eye, the lounge music was expertly played by DJ Cute. The only worry I had was that angry looking bird that was guarding the cake - no not you Janey... I meant that vicious swan that was sitting on your hat!! lol, thanks to everyone involved for making it a most memorable evening :-))

Janey Bracken said...

Oi!!! how dare you Follet, taking the mick out of my swan!! I did have to keep an eye on it though, it wanted to bite me every time Cute put a Buble song on!!