Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 24 March 2011

New West Enders Raise 7000 Lindens for Pacific Quake Fund


The generous patrons and staff of the New West End club donated the fantastic sum of seven thousand Lindens to the Pacific Relief Fund last night. Popular DJ Janis Short and glamorous host Isobel Byron pledged to donate all of the tips they received during the scheduled 2 hour musical set, which had an Asian theme and most of the party goers attending wore colourful and appropriate costumes. As is usual at themed events at this venue, club owner Clive Hissop designed and built a wonderfully authentic setting, in this case an Asian village for the enjoyment of the revellers. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the success of this fundraiser, I’m sure the money will be gratefully received and put to good use by the relief organisations responding to this dreadful natural disaster.





Ed Follet



















4 comments:

Hibiscus said...

I'm so sorry I missed this event. Congratulations to everyone involved.

Art instruction DVDs said...

This is such a great site! Very interesting images!...Daniel

Janis Short said...

I'm very proud that everyone at the WestEnd Club came together and donated so generously. I felt we needed to do something...and Iso agreed with me and wanted to donate her tips as well. The club looked great and the vibe was really good...so thank you all!
I'm proud that we all did this together :)

Janey Bracken said...

Well done Janis, Isobel and the West End club and clubbers! Like Hib I couldn't be there, as we had other commitments, and I'm sorry I missed it too!