Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

New London Has It All


It always amazes me, the amount of people who absolutely love the Doctor Who series on television, incredibly it has been broadcast by the BBC since 1965 and it’s the longest running Sci-Fi series in the world. New London has everything a Dr Who fan could wish for, Kat and Laredo are always thinking up new exciting projects for their residents and visitors, as well as maintaining the everyday things that go on there. However New London isn’t just a Dr Who sim, it’s everything that people who love London itself would want to find in SL, with its fine buildings and scenes so expertly built, it really does offer a slice of life in the capital.
.
We have our Metaverse News Office there in the Big Ben tower and I also have my shop in the West End side of the sim, which did very well over Christmas. I’m still making and selling stuff so come and have a look, I’ve just made some flowers for a traditional cottage garden. I’ve really enjoyed making foxgloves, hollyhocks, daisies etc, as I’ve just bought a piece of virtual land next to our very own Hibiscus Hastings, Whitechapel 1888’s Spooks Blackburn and friends Cliff Chesnokov and Whisper Fearne. So if you haven’t seen me around for a while it’s because I’ve been indulging myself setting up my new home.
,
Talking of Shops, one brilliant department store in New London is dedicated to Dr Who, and you can look exactly like any of the doctors from the series if you shop there. It’s called the A1 The Doctor Who Store and you can even buy a copy of the robot dog K9 to follow you around the sim. The Dr Who series looks like it will be around for a very long time, being the longest running Sci-Fi show, and Kat Kassner’s sim fills that gap between each series where people can interact with other fans in her fantastic London.



Janey Bracken

No comments: