Search

Custom Search

Friday, 4 February 2011

Virtual London Photo Competition Results


Isobel Byron, the Landlady of the Greyhound Pub in Virtual Kensington, announced the winners of the photograph competition last night, and I must say all the entries were of a very high standard. The results, written by Isobel are as follows:
,
"RESULTS OF THE GREYHOUND PHOTO COMPETITION
,
1st PRIZE OF 500L$ : NAHIRAM VANIVA , CONGRATULATIONS !!
WE THOUGHT THIS HAD A REAL ATMOSPHERE A THOUGHTFUL AND WELL EXECUTED PHOTO WITH GOOD USE OF LIGHT.
,
2nd PRIZE OF 300L$: ED FOLLETT,
WE LOVED THE HUMOR IN THIS PHOTO AND HAD A GOOD INDICATION OF THE LOCATION. WELL DONE !!
,
3rd PRIZE OF 200 L$: CROFT ATOLIA,
WE THOUGHT THIS PHOTO HAD A GOOD ENERGY AND WAS WELL EXECUTED.
,
4th PRIZE OF 50L$: PRINCESS HIGHMIST.
,
RUNNERS UP: GABRIAL DEVINNA and SARA ZUTA
,
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING PART !"
,
I had a word with winner Nahi (pictured with Ed and Isobel) and she told me she felt great about winning, she said it was "like a reward". She had spent about an hour taking the picture to get the right atmosphere. She said “I was very sad that day, I wanted to make it nostalgic and sad” Nahi had used the Linden Environment settings in SL to get the effects. She also wanted to capture Hyde Park in the background. She explained about the park “I found that place almost at the beginning of my SL, stayed there for ages, I lived there and I was a Greeter.” Nahi said that she had lived in the UK a few years ago and always felt a connection. I thought Nahi’s photograph was a well deserved winner, she captured the essence of Virtual London and portrayed that lonely feeling of isolation that everyone experiences in SL from time to time. Ed’s picture of Robin doing the ironing came second, and it made me smile. Ed certainly knows how to use his imagination for some really unusual and well-taken photographs and I loved the humour in it. Well done to all those taking part and also to Isobel for putting on such a brilliant competition.






























Janey Bracken

1 comment:

Nahiram Vaniva said...

Janey, thanks a lot for your wonderful post about me! x

I'd like to thank Isobel for organising this contest and the judges for their words to my photograph.

Regards,