Search

Custom Search

Monday, 21 February 2011

Some Good Neighbours!


I’m pleased to announce that Whitechapel 1888 has been restored to its original size with all its great little streets and alleyways set in the Jack the Ripper days of the East End of London. Spooks Blackburn had to move locations a few times because of bad luck with sim estate managers and SL must have tested his patience to the limit, but he has bravely started again, to bring us this wonderful informative site about the history in the East End.

The good news for me is that I now have Spooks as a neighbour. The original sim was shared by Spooks, Cliff Chesnokov who has a business called CC Home Designs, Whisper Fearne and our very own Hibiscus Hastings who had her gallery there. They were all left homeless for a while. Spooks recently moved to a small parcel of land, but it proved to be too tiny for what he wanted Whitechapel to look like. Then a couple of days ago I got a message from Spooks asking me if I would be interested in sharing a homestead with him and the others, so now I own my own quarter of the homestead and it’s very exciting for me too, as I’ve never owned such a big site before.

Cliff searched around for a homestead for us all, and we got one with a great name: Jamaica Inn. So I have set about recreating the tavern, although mine looks different to the real thing. I’m calling it ‘artistic licence’, although it may be because I’m not a very good builder! I’ve been watching Whitechapel take shape and Spooks has worked his socks off over the last few days. Hib’s land looks great with her gallery already there in place, and Cliff and Whisper have a pretty woodland area with Cliff’s business centre set in a meadow.
.
Congratulations to Spooks for getting his Whitechapel back and congratulations to me for getting such great neighbours!





Janey Bracken






















4 comments:

Hibiscus said...

Congratulations to me too! I'm really looking forward to the good times ahead. And I think I should name my sim "artistic license" because who knows what I will manage to do when I try building.

Janey Bracken said...

Hi Hib,

Yes, congratulations to both of us, we can now chat over the fence! Can't wait to see how your new home will develop!

Jx

antonia-tiger said...

I shall have to have a look. I suppose people are going to get confused about the difference between smugglers, wrecked, and pirates. Still, there might be room for a few wenches...

Janey Bracken said...

Hi antonia-tiger,

I still have lots of work to do in my part of the sim, but wenches, pirates and landlubbers are welcome any time. A more interesting place to see is Whitechapel 1888 next door, beware though, the Ripper may be roaming the streets, he might be after any wenches that wander too close!

Janey :)