Search

Custom Search

Monday, 24 January 2011

Whitechapel 1888 is Back!


The first thing I heard was the sound of birds twittering as I entered the slightly grimy street in Whitechapel. Then I spotted the sparrows as they pecked at the grain sacks left in the corner of the cul-de-sac by some passing tradesman. Not far away, pinned to the wall, was a poster of Spooks Blackburn, the owner of Whitechapel 1888. It was good to see he was back, bringing once again a wealth of information about the East End of London and the times when Jack the Ripper walked the gloomy streets. Spooks had to close the original Whitechapel site, when unexpectedly, the owner of the sim left him and some other tenants without an SL home/business, having failed to pay the tier. Spooks and the others had no choice but to leave. I had loved to visit Whitechapel 1888 and I really missed it, Spooks had unearthed some really interesting stories about the area and I had learned a lot as time went on. So I’m really pleased that Spooks has re-built Whitechapel again, it’s smaller than the original, but still very informative with lots of facts about the people and the hard lives they endured in the East End of London.





Janey Bracken




1 comment:

Simon Seurat said...

Nice to see Whitechapel is back , I will pop down for a visit !