Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Take A Trip To See A Black Hole in Space!


Have you ever thought what it would be like to travel through space and actually be at the site of a ‘black hole’! Well now you can witness for yourself that feeling of being drawn into the dense void, and very strange it is too!! New London has just such an exhibit and I went over to have a look. I spoke to manager Laredo Lowtide, as he is very well informed about astronomy. He explained “I believe it's when a star collapses in on itself, creating a very powerful gravity well; no light escapes, hence the term black hole.” Laredo continued “Everything is compacted down into the size of a pea, apparently. So you have a very dense piece of matter, again, as far as I understand. I think its gravitational oddities in the stars that makes them spottable, as they give off no light, you can't see them. Light can't escape the gravity.”
'
I thanked Laredo for his explanation, and I think it’s a fantastic item to put in the sim, once again the genius of Kat Kassner and Laredo Lowtide always amazes me as they come up with new attractions all the time! I left the black hole pretty quickly after that, not wanting to be crushed to the size of a pea, I can’t afford a whole new wardrobe!! Many thanks Laredo!



Janey Bracken






2 comments:

seany said...

great story janey i must have a black hole in my wallet cos there never anything in there hehe

Janey Bracken said...

Thanks Seany!

Lol about the wallet!! I know what you mean, scary where it all goes!

Janey :))