Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 9 September 2010

Space Station Nerva High Above New London


Imagine me being able to float in space! the dark sky with thousands of stars swirling around my head as I floated weightlessly out, away from the safety of the Space Station ramp. Well I was able to do this with the help of the fantastic Nerva Space Station high above New London. Nerva is absolutely huge and I am in awe of Kat Kassner and Laredo Lowtide having this brilliant feature in the London sim. You can hitch a ride to the space station from the welcome area when you teleport into New London. The boards all around the edge show different places to visit and Nerva is one of them.

I clicked on the board and teleported up into this magnificent craft. I found myself in a lobby area where you could ride an elevator to other parts of the craft. Looking around I spotted some space helmets, C.R.A.P. space helmets to be exact! So I thought I had better wear one as I did intend to leave the ship for a space walk! I think the initials may have been correct though, the space helmet didn’t appear very air-tight as my hair poked through it, but onwards and upwards I went!! I got the elevator to the top deck and looking around I found I could fire the rocket thrusters, this was great fun!! me in charge of the space station!

I went down a level to the upper walkway, clicking on the door controls to see where it led me. It wasn’t long before a pesky Dalek came along the corridor and I had to dodge out of the way before he spotted me. There are little Sedgeway style scooters to ride too, but I couldn’t get near one because the Dalek would have fired at me, so I will have a go next time!

It’s a great place to explore and I did find the door leading to the outside and take my space walk, well float actually, but I loved it!! This space station was built by Kat and textured by Laredo and it’s pretty awesome! Take a trip over to New London to have a look!!









Janey Bracken


























2 comments:

Hibiscus said...

The space station sounds fantastic, what a great idea! However, I'm not sure about letting Janey be in charge of it. Good thing that dalek was around to keep an eye on things. Can't wait to go and have a look.

Janey Bracken said...

Awww Hib you know I would be good at steering the Nerva, one little go wouldn't hurt! Watch those dodgy daleks when you go there, they sneak up on you when you least expect it!!