Search

Custom Search

Friday, 27 August 2010

Balloon Ride Over New London Village


Up, up and away, the balloon climbed into the skies above the Doctor Who New London Village, taking me on a guided tour around the sim. I’d spotted the hot air balloon and jumped on board and I’m glad I did, it took off smoothly and I really enjoyed the ride. The tour covered lots of interesting parts of New London and swept along Memorial Way, which has pictures of all the previous Dr Who actors. Then up I flew to Big Ben, over the top of the Tower of London (the information centre) and down to the brilliant Tower Bridge, gliding between the walk level and the upper level of the bridge. I sailed over Baker Square, near where our News Shop is, and then passed the Radio Theatre below. There was a scary moment when I thought the balloon was going to crash though! I could hear it creaking and it all looked a bit dodgy till suddenly I landed safely back on the launch pad. It was great fun and a good way to see all the wonderful sights of the New London Village.












Janey Bracken

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun ride that must have been! New London looks like a great place to visit!

-Drax

Laredo Lowtide said...

Fantastic pictures, thank you so much for your wonderful coverage of the sim!

Janey Bracken said...

It is always a joy visiting New London Laredo, you always have something new going on, I loved the balloon ride!!

Janey :))