Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, 21 July 2010

More Food!


A few weeks ago I wrote about my search for sustenance in the Virtual London sims. I found that to be an interesting way of discovering the sim and decided to expand my search area, and possibly my waistline, to some of the other London-related sims in Second Life.

First off I started near our office in the New London sim and by following my nose I happened upon freshly roasted chestnuts! They were delicious and a perfect snack for anyone who wants to drop by our shop and play Truthball.
Next I tp’d over to Little London and discovered a feast. Food is everywhere in this sim. At some of the street carts I found doughnuts (yum), hotdogs and fish and chips. Continuing on I came to Eddie’s Cafe, so I went in and had a bowl of soup. They have a big choice at Eddie’s, so you can have much more than soup. However, I thought something light and nourishing would be better for me after all the fried foods I had been eating.

Down the road I popped into a small supermarket and picked up a few supplies, including a chocolate bar, bag of something called soylent green snacks, and some bubble gum. They also have available a “suspicious burrito” and it is suspicious, so I would avoid that next time and should suggest that our readers choose something else, at least if they are going to be in company while they are eating. On my way out I grabbed a box of cereal to have back at home.

Finally I ended up at Whitechapel 1888 and found a quite magnificent looking Eel and Pie House. This is a newly opened establishment and has lots of atmosphere. There is beautiful inlay work decorating the booths as well as very attractive tile work in the rest of the restaurant, particularly around the top of the walls. Food is quite hearty, as one would expect. I had pie, mash and liquor, as well as jellied eel. I later returned with my friend Boye, it’s a nice place for a meal and a chat.









Hibiscus Hastings




























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pie and mash and served on a china plate with knives and forks with no plastic in sight. Fast forward to 2010, have we progressed? BJ

Hibiscus said...

I don't know if we have progressed or not, but I think the Eel and Pie Shop is my new favourite place to eat in SL. Thanks for your comment.

seany1235 said...

What no kabab shops boooo :) great story hibs

Janey Bracken said...

Great report Hib! makes me hungry!!

Janey :))