Search

Custom Search

Friday, 14 May 2010

You Are What You Eat (or Drink)


I was taking a walk around Virtual London the other day when I spied a hot dog cart in Hyde Park. Feeling a bit peckish I thought I would go get something to eat, but unfortunately the vendor was on a break, so I was out of luck. However, I decided to look around for some kind of sustenance and thus began my search for refreshments in the London sims.
The Dell was close by so I started there. I discovered a Pepsi machine, grabbed a diet Pepsi and was about to go find a seat when I noticed a psychic who had set up shop next to the machine. How exciting! I could learn all about what the future had in store for me. So I went up to the fortune teller, whose name is Weirdiculous, and clicked on his booth. I was told “It is impossible to please everybody. Please yourself first.” I liked that! Perhaps he had more words of wisdom for me, so I clicked again. “It seems the fates are against you today, they probably are.” Not so good, but to be honest I think Weirdiculous was right, it has been a very difficult week so far. I decided to have one more go and was told “Life is not a struggle. It's a wiggle.” I’m not at all sure what that means, perhaps he feels I need support undergarments, but wiggling into them is a struggle, so maybe not. Saying good-bye to Weirdiculous I found a seat and drank my Diet Pepsi plus a fruit smoothie before continuing on.
Next stop was the Greyhound Pub in Kensington. Gold and Isobel are always hospitable and I thought I would find something there. Sure enough I did, I picked up a hot chocolate with marshmallows, then after that I decided to go for something a bit stronger and had a beer. I sat at a table outside and enjoyed my beer while planning out where my route should go after this.

I had a quick look at the Station Club and the Green Man, then went on to see what was available in the Arcade in Mayfair. No food or drink, but Rob Fenwitch had a weight and height machine in one of the shops, so I bravely tried it out. I am (or was) 952 days old, 5’ 10” and 143 lbs 4 oz. Darn! I am clearly not one of the slender and graceful gazelle-type avatars we so often see in Second Life. No wonder Weirdiculous was suggesting support undergarments.
After this shock I felt I needed a little pick-me-up, so I made my way over to the Coach and Horses where I had a Pink Hurricane, a cigarette (I don’t smoke) plus a Sailor’s Jerry, a white chocolate mocha and a coffee. A bit the worse for wear I thought it was time for me to return home, which I did, stopping briefly in at Mayhem where I made the mistake of ordering a Mystery Cocktail. That was it for me, the mystery cocktail is a VERY strong drink and afterwards I was not feeling at all well. Fortunately my home is pretty close by, so I somehow made it there and collapsed onto my garden bench, hoping that the world would stop spinning pretty soon.

Here is what I consumed on my travels: a Diet Pepsi, fruit smoothie, hot chocolate with marshmallows, VB Can (didn’t eat the can), Pink Hurricane, cigarette (didn’t inhale), regular coffee, white chocolate mocha, Sailor’s Jerry and a Mystery Cocktail. Next trip around the sims will be to find a pharmacy.
Hibiscus Hastings

3 comments:

Ed Follet said...

Sounds like you did plenty of walking to burn off those extra calories Hib! Me and Janey would TP around so maybe we should install an exercise machine in the shop lol. Of course we could always sign up for Gold's aerobic sessions at the Greyhound... oohh I suddenly feel tired, perhaps I had better lie down ha ha.

Ed :-))

Hibiscus said...

Yes, I think the aerobics would be good, I'll have to make sure you guys get to the next class!

Janey Bracken said...

Hmmm, don't know about aerobics, but reading this made me feel hungry!! You two go to the gym, I'll watch!! Great post Hib!!

Janey x