Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, 2 February 2010

A Very Grand Part Of London


Looking around the new Westminster sim, I spotted a map on the floor indicating the buildings that will be there, and it’s looking very ambitious! Even Buckingham Palace is included (I wonder if I can rent a room there!!), Trafalgar Square is also shown, that would be just the place for celebrating New Year’s Eve!! Also included are Grosvenor Place, The Mall, Pall Mall, Petty France, Haymarket, Wellington Arch, Jermyn Street, Victoria Street and Whitehall. This is a part of London that I really like in real life, as it has some beautiful architecture and a feeling of real history about it. I would imagine this will be quite a challenge to the SL Builders, but I’m sure they will do a superb job! There is already an Arch under construction that may well be Wellington Arch, which commemorates Lord Wellington’s victory over the French at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. I think Buckingham Palace will be a nice touch, I hope our excellent costume maker Gerr Finesmith is getting those Horse Guards and Queen's Guards uniforms ready. Wouldn’t that be novel to have some greeters welcoming newbies in their Bearskins!

I would be surprised if this is not included in SL Showcase once it is completed, and it should prove very popular for those who want to get the feel of historical London even if it’s only virtually!




Janey Bracken







1 comment:

Hibiscus said...

This all sounds so exciting! Good luck to everyone involved.