Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Touring Car in Virtual Mayfair

Saturday morning was lovely and sunny in the Mayfair sim, so I decided to go for a walk and admire the spring flowers that were popping up all over. I stopped to chat with Torric Rodas, who told me about the new touring car available for avatars to ride in and have a tour of Virtual Mayfair. The car can be found next to Hyde Park, and since it was such a beautiful day I decided to go for a spin.

After removing my ao (animation override) I hopped in and off we went. The car is a vintage Monarch Roadster, shiny red and glamorous. I felt like a film star as I drove through Mayfair, the only thing missing was my sunglasses. But never mind, I still looked pretty good behind the wheel, and the tour itself is very comprehensive, passing all the hotspots of the sim: The Coach and Horses, Bogie’s and Mayhem Club, as well as providing information on renting houses and commercial properties.
We wound up and down the streets of Mayfair at a good pace, with the informative narration describing the sights as we passed. Traffic was light so there were no delays, and with the wind blowing through my hair I thoroughly enjoyed my trip, which ended outside the Coach and Horses near a laneway filled with flowers, benches and signs advertising all the businesses in the sim. The tour was a lot of fun; I strongly suggest giving it a try. And if you want to feel like a celebrity just remember to wear your shades!





Hibiscus Hastings





3 comments:

Ed Follet said...

Hey Hibs, it sounds like the car was on autopilot which might be just as well! lol. Judging by the length of the bonnet there must be a throbbing monster under there, quite a thrill to have all that power under your right foot :-))

Hibiscus said...

Hi Ed, I will ignore the autopilot remark, but I will say that I really did enjoy my drive, it was quite a thrill, and one I could get used to.

Janey Bracken said...

I think you prefer me to drive you Hib, you know your driving isn't as exciting as mine!!!