Search

Custom Search

Thursday, 10 December 2009

From Old Chelsea To A New Westminster


Sometimes I feel like I am reporting on little bits of virtual history, the deletion of a sim always fills me with a little bit of sadness, but at least we have photographs and stories to look back on to know that these places did exist and people led a small part of their virtual lives there. Yesterday we said goodbye to Virtual Chelsea for good, but it's not all sadness, it's new beginnings with the birth of Virtual Westminster! The old Chelsea sim has been moved next to Virtual Mayfair and renamed to make it a new and exciting City of Westminster.

The road already runs straight through from Westminster to Mayfair, thanks to careful planning by the London team, and Big Ben already looks at home peering across at Piccadilly. Westminster is a brilliant place in real London and will be an asset to Virtual London, I can't wait to see how it develops and with the wonderful London builders, I just know that this will be another showcase sim. Chelsea, like Soho, is no more, but I'm sure a lot of people will remember it with fond memories, I know I will.
Janey Bracken

4 comments:

Ed Follet said...

I can't wait to see the new buildings going up and find out what the team have planned in the way of facilities and activities. A touching article Janey and I know Chelsea meant more to you than most. :-))

Anonymous said...

The new SIM is directly outside my front door! Once I get the superfluous buildings bulldozed and get some geraniums in it will have all the makings of a first-class front garden. I might even open it to the public.

Rob (address withheld)

Janey Bracken said...

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your comments, I did like living in the apartment in virtual Chelsea, Hib and I had a lot of fun there, and I'm looking forward very much to seeing what Westminster will have to offer!

J :))

Janey Bracken said...

Hello Rob,

Wow you will have to spend all your time mowing the grass, your garden will be massive!! Perhaps you can put some hanging baskets on Big Ben, good job you can fly up to water them, hehe!!