Search

Custom Search

Monday, 2 November 2009

Help to View Sculptie Items

Now you Virtual London lot are probably very clever, and you will most likely say you already know this! However, I didn't know it and I thought some of you might find it handy, as sculptie items are becoming more and more popular. I often found that if I went into a room the chairs and tables and other furniture made of sculpts sometimes looked distorted until I went right up to them. Well last night a good friend of mine, and one of SL's top builders and inventors, Johnnytreadlightly Nightfire, gave me the solution which may help you too:

1. Show the 'Advanced' menu with Ctrl-Alt-D, or Opt-Ctrl-D on a Mac.

2. Select 'debug settings' near the bottom.

3. In the blank space type the word: RenderVolumeLODFactor

4. It is recommended setting it as high as 4 to get all the sculpts looking great.

NOTE: Unlike increasing your draw distance, this will NOT create lag for yourself or those around you! And it will improve the look of all sculpts.

Many thanks Johnny, my views around Virtual London have greatly improved!!




Janey Bracken

No comments: