Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, 19 May 2009

State Of Our River!!!


Last Thursday a group of people gathered at the Chelsea embankment for another Fishing contest, I arrived as it was drawing to a close, but it seems very popular and this time Seany1235 Blinker was throwing sticks of TNT into the water to make the fish jump out. Another avatar had a key, but I’m not too sure what he was doing with that, he seemed to be using it like a fishing rod but I must admit I am puzzled, perhaps he thought he could unlock Davey Jone’s locker to get the fish out.

Anyway, as I looked out over the SL Thames I could see that standards are dropping quite a lot with our London waterway: there, floating in the middle of the fishing area, was a supermarket trolley and a couple of old tyres. It got worse! as I peered below the water’s surface I could see the murky shapes of an old cooker, a wheelie bin and some other bits and pieces on the river bed. This is not good enough!!! The SL London management should keep our waterways clean and heavily fine anyone they see dumping stuff in the river, I’m sure it is breaking some sort of SL EU law!!! (after all they have laws for everything else!!) So come on think of the little fishes, clean up your act!!!












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute article Janey, very cute

Janey Bracken said...

Thank you for your comment!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Bracken,

Due to the current economic climate, it has been deemed that other priorities are more important than the cleanliness of our river (eg Swimming Pool cleaning, second homes, Wifes taxi fares and colour TVs).

The cleaning of the river is expensive and time consuming and at present we do not have the fund for this.

"sound of champagne bottles opening in the Background"

Signed **** What was my name?

Janey Bracken said...

Hmmm, I think I know your name, you forgot to mention your moat cleaning and duck house!!! Think we need an SL London Revolution!!!