Search

Custom Search

Friday, 2 January 2009

New Year's Eve at the Underground Club


New Year’s Eve was celebrated in high style at the Underground Club. The evening began with a live performance by Allister Westland, playing music by Coldplay and Oasis, among others, as well as some of his own compositions. Following this, DJ Das Wade took over for a couple of hours, with music of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Das was ably assisted by club hosts gertyflirty Goldlust and BilliAnn Bravin. One of the not to be missed moments was when Das donned a shorter version of the lovely gown worn by gertyflirty; it was a great image with which to end the old year.

After Das’s set was finished, another live musician, Edward Kyomoon, performed. Some of the music he played included Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty, as well as his own works. Edward finished playing just before midnight gmt and after the New Year was rung in, DJ Janis played love songs, setting the mood for a romantic beginning to 2009. Club host Genevieve Gagne warmly welcomed all to the club.

Dress was formal for this event, which included a best-dressed contest. Everyone looked very elegant and the contest was close, with truthsprincess Baramm taking top honours, followed closely by Dougal McMoragh, Bernadette Halostar, Pumpkin Zenovka and Clive Hissop.

Best wishes to all the readers of Virtually London (lite) for a happy and healthy 2009. It has been a great pleasure for me to be able to report for this publication and I am looking forward to the next year in the London sims. Looking back over the past year, I could not have imagined that my Second Life would have lead me to this spot, and I would like to thank all the friends I have made in sl London for making it such a happy place for me. It is a great community and I love being a part of it. I would especially like to thank Nikk Huet and Janey Bracken for giving me the opportunity to write for Virtually London (lite) – it is a dream come true. Happy 2009 everyone!


Hibiscus Hastings










2 comments:

Janey Bracken said...

I hope you don't mind Hibiscus, but I added one of my own photos to the bottom of your lovely report on the New Year's Eve party. You looked stunning in your beautiful gown and I think you were the bell of the ball!! It is a real pleasure working with you in Virtually London (lite), I too could not have imagined all this a year ago! and I would also like to thank Nikk for giving us the opportunity of reporting on the amazing SL London sims.

Hibiscus said...

Thanks, Janey, it was a fun evening and great being able to get all glammed up. It was a good start to the new year, and I look forward to continuing to write about life in the London sims.